STEELMATE® is a water-based, acrylic, surfactant-free, anti-corrosion metal roofing system, used to spot treat and neutralize existing rust and provide superior corrosion protection of metal roof panels.
STEELMATE® prevents'top-down' corrosion while at the same time providing a new level of protection for poorly prepared steel, aluminum and copper metal roof panels.
STEELMATE® has excellent corrosion resistance and low temperature flexibility, no pollution, Especially suitable for chemical pollution of heavy metal roofing anti-corrosion, more than 5-year extendable warranty available
Part 1 Existing Rust Neutralization
Remove oil and grease etc. thoroughly with suitable detergent. Remove salt and other contaminants by high pressure fresh water cleaning. Sand blasting to near white metal by power tool.
Spot apply Steelmate Neutralization by brush onto the existing rusted areas. Leave to dry and spot apply steelmate primer by brush onto treated area.
Part 2 ¨C Steelmate primer
Using an airless sprayer apply one coat of Steelmate primer over the entire field of the roof at a rate of 1,400square feet per 5gallon.
Part 3- Roofmate waterproof system
- 1. Sweep clean or pressure- wash all seams and joints of the metal roof panels to remove any loose material, dirt and dust.
- 2. Apply a 'blob' of ScrewSeal over each fastener head ensuring the whole metal head is encapsulated.
- 3. Apply a foundation coat of Basecoat, along the length of the vertical seams, feathering 3" either side of the mid point of the seam. Lay 6" Roofmate Fabric into the wet Base coat. Immediately apply a saturation coat of Basecoat into the fabric.
- 4.On horizontal Seams apply a foundation coat of Basecoat, along the length of the seam, feathering 6" either side of the mid point of the seam. Lay Roofmate Fabric into the wet Basecoat. Apply a saturation coat of Basecoat into the fabric.
- 5. Roofmate Base coats direct to substrate are applied at a total rate of 25-40 ft2/gal or 2.5-4 gallons per square, depending on the specific type of metal roof. Basecoat saturation coats over the fabric are applied at a rate of 40 sq ft per gallon.
- 6. Roofmate Base coats should only be applied with the use of approved roof brushes. Rolling and spraying of the MonoBase coats are not permitted and will nullify the issue of an Roomate Waterproofing Systems warranty.
- 7. Apply the ROOFMATE Topcoat to the treated area in one coat or two coats, at a totall rate of 350 square feet per 5 gal (including 2 coats).
Part 4 ¨C Steelmate Topcoat
Ensure the ROOFMATE System on the seams/joints is completely dry.
Using an airless sprayer apply one or two coats of Steelmate Topcoat over the entire field of the roof at total coverage rate of 1,200 square feet per 5 gallon.
What are the advantages?
- Better, longer protection than conventional rust conversion paints or coatings
- Less surface preparation than other primers, with no need for acid treatment or sand blasting
- Water-based, environmentally friendly, low VOC
- Ease of application and can be applied to dry or damp surfaces
- Compatible with solvent and water-based topcoats without bleed through